Apple released the second beta release of Xcode 4. The first beta was for WWDC attendees only but this latest release is for all paid developers, including iPhone developers. I am downloading it now on my test machine. Hit up Apple’s Developer Site to download it.
PLEASE NOTE: Xcode 4 is beta software. Continue to use Xcode 3.2.x for production development. This release of Xcode 4 is compatible with Xcode 3.2.x project files.
• Xcode 4 has a brand new, single window interface for all major workflows
• Interface Builder is now integrated within the main Xcode IDE
• Assistant shows a paired editor with complementary files (headers, UI controllers, etc.)
• Fix-it highlights code where an error is detected. as you type, and can even fix it for you
• Version editor shows a live comparison through SCM history, using Git or Subversion
• LLVM compiler 2.0 includes full support for C, Objective-C, and now C++
• LLDB debugger is faster, and uses less memory than the GDB debugging engine
- see notes below on how to enable the LLVM compiler or LLDB debugger • Instruments adds System Trace, and new iOS instruments including OpenGL ES
Compatibility: Xcode 4 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X version 10.6.4 or later. This developer preview will by default install into /Xcode4 on the boot drive, allowing it to co-exist with Xcode 3.2.x. See the installation notes below for additional information.
- Nested Template Variable Scope in Golang
- Simple iPhone Animation Tutorial
- Hunting trip pictures
- iStrobe Open Sourced Publicly
- iOS Core Location GPS Tutorial pt.1
If you found this useful, shoot me a small donation or at the very least leave a comment, every bit of encouragement helps keep me motivated to update with more content on a regular basis!